Chapter 1. General Provisions
Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of these Terms and Conditions(hereinafter refer to as the “T&C”) of Use of Services provided by Korea Defense Industry Association(hereinafter refer to as the “KDIA”) website is to set forth the conditions, procedures, rights, obligations, responsibilities, and other requirements of the parties using the KDIA website.
Article 2 (Validity and Amendment of the T&C)
1. The T&C will be effective by publishing it to KDIA website. (http://www.kdia.or.kr)
2. The actions of providing KDIA website service and using the services will be subjected to the T&C where the users agree to the T&C.
3. KDIA may amend the T&C without any advance notice. The amended T&C will be published on KDIA website and take effect at the same time.
4. KDIA is not liable for the damage of users who are not aware of the amended T&C.
5. The matters which are not stipulated in the T&C are subjected to Framework Act on korea Broadcasting Communications Development, Telecommunications Business Act, The regulations of Korea Communications Commission, Ethics Rules of Telecommunications, Program Protection Act, and other related laws.
Chapter 2. Provision and Use of Services
Article 3 (Use of Service)
1. 24 hours operation per one day is principle of KDIA website service except particular cases.
2. KDIA can suspend the service at the fixed time or date for regular check of systems, extension of installations, and replacement of systems.
Article 4 (Suspension of the Service)
1. KDIA may limit or suspend the service where the users violate the T&C.
2. The suspension of service occurring beyond KDIA’s control, such as system disaster without administrator’s intention or negligence, may not notified in advance, and suspension of service occurring by intention or negligence of others(such as communication firms, telecommunications service providers, and etc.) may not notified.
3. KDIA may suspend its provision of the services temporarily without notice for certain reasons such as urgent system checks, extension of installations, and replacement of systems. Also, KDIA may terminate the services owing to appropriate circumstances such as replacement of the new service.
4. KDIA may limit or suspend the service in whole or in part in case of circumstances which is not possible to provide normal service because of a state of national emergency, blackout, disruption of service facilities, traffic, and etc.
Article 5 (Change and Cancelation of the Service)
1. KDIA is not liable for the damages result from the interest anticipated by users or the data obtained from the services, and also not liable for the reliability and accuracy of the information and data included in the service.
2. Regarding the use of the service, KDIA is not liable for the damages result from the intention and negligence of the users.
Chapter 3. Obligations and Responsibilities
Article 6 (Obligations of KDIA website)
1. KDIA will not disclose or distribute personal information of members without an acceptance except the authorities' request according to related laws regarding communication.
2. Users shall not act following subjects with regards to using KDIA website service.
a) Transmitting the information which is vulgar, obscene, offensive, threatening and which can infringe privacy of others by posting, e-mail, or other methods
b) Manipulation of the source of contents transferred by the service
c) Transmitting the contents which are not available because of the laws and contract by posting, e-mail, or other methods
d) Transmitting the contents which infringe the patent, trademark, secret, copyright, and other intellectual property by posting, e-mail, or other methods
e) Transmitting the advertisements, promotional gifts, spams, pyramid selling, or other types of recommendation by posting, e-mail, or other methods
f) Actions intended or related to the crime
g) Actions that harms morality and social order
h) The defamation and insult
i) Actions that infringe copyright of others
k) Transmitting the advertisements consistently against others' will
m) Change of information included in the website
n) Other actions that violate Article 53(1) of Korea Telecommunications Business Act and Article 16 of Enforcement Ordinance of Telecommunications Business Act
3. KDIA has the right to monitor first inquires made by buyer to supplier. Objective of such monitoring is to track inquires in order to follow-up business purposes of KDIA's member companies.
Chapter 4. Miscellaneous
Article 7 (Indemnification for damage)
KDIA is not liable for the damage of members results from the complimentary service excepting crimes that KDIA conducted intentionally.
Article 8 (Exemption Clause)
1. KDIA is exempted from the responsibility to offer the service where the website is not available for providing the service because of Force Majeure, such as natural disaster, war, and etc.
2. KDIA is exempted from the responsibility regarding damages results from unavoidable circumstances such as maintenance of facilities, replacement, regular check, construction, and etc.
3. KDIA is exempted from the responsibility regarding damages results from the errors of computers or wrong personal information and e-mail address written by users.
4. KDIA is exempted from the responsibility regarding the profit or damage of users depending on the information included in the service.
5. KDIA is exempted from the responsibility regarding the damage results from users' intention and negligence.
Article 9 (Jurisdiction)
Any dispute/lawsuit arising from the website service between Members shall be governed by Korean laws and courts.
Addendum 1. (2020. 11. 1)
These terms and conditions will be applied and implemented from 1st April, 2019.